Seeing things from a different perspective:
Guess what... we're only human. I know that was shocking to hear. We can so easily get caught up in what is going on around us that we begin to break down and not function properly. That is why it is so important to step back and get a new perspective of the situation.
I am insanely blessed with a wonderful family, and wonderful friends. I find myself quite often getting caught up in situations that aren't necessary because I'm not looking at them from different perspectives. My friends and family have always been so helpful as to show me the situation differently or from there perspective of it.
Why do this?:
By getting a different perspective you see things more clearly or at least they don't seem as bad. It gives you a chance to step back from the situation and maybe see that there is a better way of handling it.
How to do this:
1. Talk to somebody about it. Make sure that its someone you trust and someone who you know gives good advice. Its best that its somebody that you're close to, that way they know your personality and can put that in account to the advice they give. It is important to get a fresh pair of eyes on the situation.
2. Get away. What ever it is that is going on, unplug yourself from the situation and get away. Spend a day at the park or with different people. Go see a movie or play a sport of some type to get your mind free. My go to place is usually bowling:)
3. Pray. People underestimate the power of prayer all the time, yet prayer is even where nonbelievers go when they feel helpless and desperate. Because we are only human we can't help but hope that there is a greater power above us. Who better to turn to in trying times than the Lord and Creator of life.
4. Exercise. It is proven that exercise is not only good for losing weight but for therapy as well. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or under a lot of stress due to situations I always go on a walk. It helps me clear my mind and place my thoughts on other, more important things.
5. Write it down. By writing it down you can sometimes see your viewpoint of the situation, then try to consider other sides by writing them down as well. This can help you understand how to handle the situation maybe in a better way than what you already were.