Welcome to College!
Don't worry it's not as scary as it seems.
You know how the first day of school is so scary cause you know no one, and you have to find your group of friends on the first day of school or you are alone for months? Not to mention walking into class and everyone stares at the new kid... Well college is nothing like that!! To be completely honest, no one cares who you are, or even if you show up. Most of the time people don't even talk to each other. So no one really cares if they have friends in class.
This does not take away the scary part of college I know, but just wait!
Here I will list the need to knows about college, and how to survive your first semester!
1. Nerd Alert! First off there is nothing wrong with being a nerd, and believe it or not everyone is there to either learn, or party till they drop out of college. So don't be afraid to spend some time in the library, trust me you'll need it!
2. Pay attention! What the professors say is actually important and they can tell who is actually listening vs. who is not. And professors see you taking interest and putting forth effort, they will help you out.
3. Roommates! They can be difficult (so I hear) so try to be easy going. Not everything has to be a argument. And if you get along very well, still make sure to spend time with other people as well.
4. Talk to people! Most likely people will not talk to you in class unless you start the convo, so don't be afraid because trust me, they want to talk as much as you do. This way you can exchange notes with them and possibly study together. Surprise you have a friend!!!
5. Get involved! There always tons of clubs and groups you can join at college so find one that suits you and get involved! Plus this is a great way to meet people because they will actually talk to you!
6. Balance! Friends are important, yes. Fun is also important, yes. School is very important, yes. So how do we balance all of this? By being organized. It is super important to understand that sometimes it is okay to say no to friends on a night that an assignment is due.
7. Organization! This helps with the balance part. However I am mostly referring to school. It is so important to stay on top of assignments and make sure they are turned in on time. Plan out plenty of time to study EVERY day. Never wait till the last minute, that is when something fun with your friends always seems to pop up and you can't go.
8. Stay healthy! Eat right, I know this seems hard on a college budget, however it is not. You just have to get creative. Also exercise is very important, go to the gym with friends or to the park. But stay active!