Auburn Pride: Finding Your College Roommates!

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Finding Your College Roommates!


Finding Your College Roommate:
Let's be real, your college roommate can either make or break your college experience.  It is so important to room with someone that you get along with. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you have to be best friends with them, but you should get along. 
I know of so many people who are roomed with people who are nothing like them, therefore they don't get along and it causes so much drama. I even know of people who have had to call the cops on their roommates. Luckily I am not one of those people...
Here's my story...
I came to Auburn University not knowing anyone, as most college students do. My first two months were spent in the classrooms longing for the weekends to come so I could drive home.  The few weekends I did spend there I tried out a couple of churches but nothing stuck.  I lived with my older cousin who had their own life. So naturally we got along but we still had separate lives. 
Finally the day came,
I found my church home. The Auburn Church of Christ was exactly where I was meant to be. Everyone welcomed me with open arms and immediately made me feel like I belonged.  It wasn't hard to get involved and we had an amazing minister. Through my church I was able to find three of my best friends. These three girls later became my roommates. I could not be more grateful for these girls, and the times and memories we have shared together.
Obviously there will be trials with anyone, but I know with these three amazing girls we can get through whatever may come our way.
If you're new to college my tip to you for finding a good roommate is to find a good church first. 
The Lord provides.




Hope you Enjoyed!


4 comments:

  1. What a great post about college room mates...I lived off campus since my Mom's house is right around the corner! But I noticed how my fellow classmates days were when they either had great or horrible room mates when I meet them! I also love my campus christian community as well!

    Ursula

    www.blueridgebeautyblogger.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you were able to find your home at college :)
    I had 3 other roommates my freshman year and then moved into an apartment with two of my best friends and then lived alone my last year.

    xoxo, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. This way works for a lot of people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this post and oh how I miss college!!

    ReplyDelete